Installation of the bath vent fan gets as the best method for expelling moisture-laden air and odors too. You can check out step after step instructions here side. One can make out a successful addition of the ceiling vent fan for it.
Installation of a ventilation fan in your bathroom has many benefits. It includes the elimination of fogged-up windows, steamy mirrors, stale odors, and more. But more importantly, one can make prevention of moisture about problems. It will help one to get growth of mold and mildew.
There are many other venting options available in the market. It includes running duct up via roof or down with soffit. Note down that ventilation of bathroom should make the exhaust directly to outdoor. So don’t dare it duct to blow in the attic, crawlspace, or an enclosed area.
Also Read: Best Modern Metal Bed Designs
The installation of the new bath vent fan comes faster as per helping of friends. For this, you can check out the things as follows:
STEP#1: Measure Bath Vent:
A bathroom without having ventilation is similar to as fireplace without having a chimney. Suppose you fail down to grow up the moisture in the generated in the bathroom out. In this case, moisture will stack and grow mold and mildew or blister paint or easily peel off the wallpaper.
One reason that many of household doesn’t contain fan comes as intimidating to install it. However, one can easily measure the bathroom vent fans. It would come in cubic feet of air which can move out of the place within a minute. You can measure it with the help of CFM ratings.
You can easily measure the size of the vent fan needed for your new bath. For this, you need to multiply the square foot of room by 1.1. In general, the range of fans would come up as low as 0.5 to high as 6.0 sones. You can easily check the structure as per printed with details of packages.
STEP#2: You Need To Drill A Reference Hole:
- Mark up the bathroom ceiling to the point where you have decided to install the vent fan. For getting the highest performance, you need to install it between the shower and toilet area.
- Use extra-long per 3/8 inch of diameter, which might spade a bit to get bore as reference hole with ceiling into the attic. Climb towards the attic and clear down all insulation around the area of the marked hole. Later, you can use the reference hole to determine the exact position of the fan.
- Measure the area with vent fan housing. Try to place the vent fan with plain joists as your reference hole. Also, it would help if you considered any obstruction coming during the ventilation of the fan. Finally, check out the position of the vent fan about the reference hole.
- In the bathroom, you need to measure the same dimensions from inside. It will let you know the size of the hole you need to make in the ceiling.
- Don’t forget to use the hole as a reference landmark for transferring your measures to the attic in the ceiling.
- Draw the rectangular outline to make an intake port onto the ceiling.
STEP#3: Cut Down The Intake Part Hole:
- Use the jigsaw, wear up goggles and mask, cut down the ceiling on the layout lines.
- When you feel like reaching cutoff, start to cut up the rectangular frame. Try to support the waste piece with one hand to avoid falling it heavily. Also, with this method, you can avoid taking up surrounding drywall or plastic ceiling from it.
STEP#4: Position The Fan In It:
- You need to attach the 4 inches, 90 degrees of the duct elbow from the outlet port on the side for the venting of the fan housing. You need to make your elbow straight and try to secure its position from the foil duct tape.
- Remove all knock-out holes from the side of the fan’s housing. Also, attach a cable connector with it.
- You need to slide down the four metal brackets from the tabs. It can help one to protrude from the sides of the vent fan.
- Set the vent and fan down with places in between the joists as per centered with the ceiling of the hole.
STEP#5: Attach Down The Fan With Joists:
- One can make a full extension with brackets to make contact in sides joists.
- Secure down each bracket with an ending of single as per one and a half inches of a drywall screw.
- Make a flexible duct with a wall cap kit and slip one can end over the elbow. One can make it down with foil duct tape.
- You need to feed up the existing or new type of electrical cable with the connector. One can tighten the connector for the screw to secure the cable.
STEP#6: Cut Duct Hole Through The Sidewall:
- From the inside of the attic, select the spot from the sidewall for the flexible duct on the exit house. Make the location between the two wall studs within 6 feet of the vent fan.
- Takedown the couple of reference measurements with locating of spot with outside. One can check for nearby windows, soffit and other features for access of outdoors.
- Mark up the hole for locations with siding. It can use reference measurements.
- Cut down the duct hole through the house wall as per the usage of a 4-inch hole saw.
STEP#7: Attach The Exhaust Duct From The Wall Cap:
- After securing it with a wall cap from outside, one can move it along with the attic.
- Grab up the free end of the flexible exhaust duct and make a careful stretch with outside walls.
- Attach the duct using the end wall cap from the connector along with foil duct tape.
STEP#8: Installation Of The Wall Cap:
- Make the fasten 12-inch long connector duct from the wall cap with foil duct tapes.
- From the outer side, slide the wall cap into the duct hole and push it down to tighten up against the house siding. Cut down the foam rubber gasket to fit into any space from the wall cap, which doesn’t have contact with the siding.
- Remove up all wall caps and apply it on the bead of silicone with adhesive for siding and gasket it around the hole.
- Slide down the wall cap from the hole and press it around the siding options. Try to secure it with siding against four one and half-inch longer stainless steel skews.
STEP#9: Make The Wire Connection:
- From the bathroom, you need to unscrew and remove the blower motor kept inside the bent fan. Save the screws for later use.
- After this, unscrew the built-in receptacle from inside the housing for the exposition of wiring. Again you need to save these screws/
- Use nuts and join down the same wire color with one connected to electrical cables that won’t feed into housing. Make it white to white and black to black.
STEP#10: Attach The Griller To It:
- Raise the blower motor from the ceiling and then push it into plugs from the electrical receptacle with housing.
- Place the griller and power on to test the working of the fan in your bathroom.
There are many things available for new bath vent fans for the people. Hence, every person can get down with the installation of such great things at home.